Important Facts About SkillsUSA
- More than 300,00 students, teachers and administrators join annually
- Massachusetts will boast over 28,000 members in 2011
- The mission of SkillsUSA is to help its members become world-class workers, leaders and responsible Americans.
- Industry partners include Lowe’s, Bosch, Georgia-Pacific, Kobalt, Timberland, Stanley, to name a few
- SkillsUSA programs include local, district, state and national competitions in more than 95 different trade, technical and leadership fields.
- The national championships are held each June as a multi-million dollar event that occupies space equivalent to more than 16 football fields with more than 5,600 outstanding vocational students competing for Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
SkillsUSA at Blue Hills Regional Tech
Students at Blue Hills are enrolled as members each year. The school is a 100% chapter which allows all students to become involved in the many activities the chapter is involved with. Massachusetts has overtaken Ohio as the #1 membership in the country.
Activities the students excel at include:
- Competing in local, district, state and national championships
- Attending the Fall State Leadership Conference to become stronger leaders at Blue Hills and for their future
- Campaigning for State Officer positions. Blue Hills has had several former students elected as State Officers.
- Student Advisory Council for the State Conference and Championship
- Winner of the Gold Standard for the Costello Community Service Award
- State Voting Delegates
- National Voting Delegates
- Fundraise for the Doug Flutie, Jr. Autism Foundation
SkillsUSA Chapter Advisor